Estate planning is more than completing a living will and filing documents with your attorney. It’s ensuring that the legacy you’ve created helps the people and organizations closest to you reach their dreams even after you’re gone.
A thoughtful estate plan lets you pass on your assets the way you want, maximizing the financial benefit to your heirs and providing comfort during a difficult time in their lives. And your Baird Financial Advisor has the expertise to make sure your estate plan is working in sync with your larger wealth management plans by helping you:
- Give directly to people and causes that mean the most to you
- Designate someone to make decisions on your behalf in the event you can’t do so yourself
- Maximize your gifts’ benefit and tax efficiency
- Establish trusts without sacrificing flexibility if your circumstances change
- Set up charitable and family foundations
- Ensure that as your life changes, your estate plan stays up-to-date
Your Baird Financial Advisor can help make sure your estate plan matches your wishes and ensures your legacy.Let's Talk!
Melanie Schmieding, CTFA, offers six ways to help your children become good stewards of family wealth.
It’s not just for the ultra-wealthy. An estate plan can help you protect your assets, make things easier for your heirs, and minimize your taxes.