With more students graduating from college with thousands of dollars in student loan debt, funding an education can be one of the most impactful investments you can make. No matter how much time you have before the first tuition payment is due, we can help you plan for funding education in a way that makes the most sense for you and your family.
Through a time-tested planning process, your Baird Financial Advisor can help you understand all the variables at play and create an education plan that mirrors your values.Let's Talk!
Understanding Where You Are
- Who is the education for?
- Is your student eligible for merit- or need-based aid?
- How much of the education do you want to pay for?
- How long before your funds are needed?
- How does this goal impact your other financial goals?
Creating a Plan
- Determining the best plan based on your timeline?
- Identifying best-fit funding vehicles
- Examining strategies that can maximize your gift while minimizing its impact on your taxes
Evaluating Your Plan's Performance
- Reviewing the performance of your funding vehicle(s)
- Benchmarking your progress against goal
In the latest installment of our Women Talking Wealth series, Education Planning Consultant Jeannette Haen discusses the importance of goal setting.
Looking to help your grandkids with their education? Here are some tips.